By: Jill Fox
High school students interested in seeing the world are the perfect candidates for the Coral Springs Travel Club’s 2022 itinerary through Japan.
Originally planned for the spring of 2021, the pandemic pushed the trip to the following year.
The nonprofit club whose motto is “Where travel is a passion and an adventure” was created by Steven Beauchamp, a full-time teacher at Coral Glades High School, and his wife, Jamie, who also worked in public education for ten years.
Previous destinations have included England, France, Germany, Austria, Italy, Greece and many others.
Although most of the students are from Coral Springs Charter and Coral Glades High School, the travel club is open to all Broward County high school students.
According to Steven, these students gain more than just an education from this trip.
“They get a level of confidence, they build lifelong friendships, not only with the students they are traveling with that are part of our group, but they get to interact with other students from other schools that are also on that trip.”
This 11-day educational tour is open to high school aged students and their families and college-aged students and their families.
The itinerary even includes a day at Tokyo Disneyland.
For those interested in traveling to Japan in 2022, an informational meeting will be held on ZOOM Thursday, September 24, at 7:00 p.m.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked in public relations and television for over 20 years. Fox lives in Parkland with her husband and their two children.
- NewsSeptember 20, 2022Coral Springs Theater Mentor Loses Battle with Cancer
- NewsMay 25, 2022Coral Springs High School Graduate Earns Prestigious Fashion Scholarship
- EventsMay 19, 2022Quit Horsin’ Around And Spend Your Summer At Spitfire Farm
- EventsMay 19, 2022Register Now for Dolphins Football and Cheer Summer Camps