By: Matt Rothman
Coral Springs High School boys and girls track and field team had a record-setting day after winning four events in the district tournament.
The boy’s team had Louma Dufresne win the shot put and Steven Thomas in the discus.
For the girls, Faith Cunningham won the 800 meters with a time of 2:54:80. Josefine Majdoch also tied for first place in the high jump.
As a team, the boys also qualified for regionals in the discus as Michael McFarlin came in second as well as a runner-up finish from Thomas in the pole vault.
Garth Lewis, Jalen Moye, Dior Crooks, and Joshua Rose qualified for the 4 x 100 and 4 x 400 as they finished in third and fourth place, respectively to come in fifth place.
Niesha Aldajuste qualified the girls in shot out for coming in second and discus for placing in third. Juliette Bounassi picked up a fourth-place finish in the javelin to qualify as the girls finished in fourth overall.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.05.04Coral Glades Football Team Raises Funds To Visit Top College Programs This Summer
- News2021.05.03Alexandra Bruno Makes History Again for Coral Springs Charter Track and Field
- News2021.05.02Coral Glades High School Softball Set to Play in Regionals
- News2021.05.02Coral Springs Charter Baseball Makes Regionals For 1st Time Since 2013