By: Jen Russon
The Coral Springs Museum of Art has changed dramatically in the last year, offering free admission for all, extensive renovations, and a new board of directors that includes Vice Mayor Joshua Simmons.
On Wednesday, Simmons hosted a Press Day, welcoming visitors to see the museum’s new look and chat with the culturally diverse artists behind ‘DIASPORA in a time of change.’
Simmons thinks free admission will make art and culture more available to residents throughout the county, not just in Coral Springs.
“We are one of the few cities in Broward to have an actual art museum outside of Ft. Lauderdale. I think art and culture are more inviting to folks with free admission,” said Simmons.
The April 14 event showcased improvements to the city-run museum, including renovations in the ceramic studio and classrooms.
The gallery space and entryway have also been refreshed, with new Museum Director Jill Brown, and Simmons, welcoming their guests.
Both are excited about improved spaces in the museum that allow more room, not just for special events, but inclusion, inspiration, education, and creativity.
There will be more class offerings this summer, with extended hours too, giving students and visitors more time to enjoy the enhanced curricula and event schedule.
The Coral Springs Museum of Art is located at 2855A Coral Springs Drive.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Jen Russon has been a staff writer for Talk Media since 2018. She is also a novelist, copywriter and editor at Swallow Publishing, LLC.
- Events2022.01.10J.P. Taravella Kicks Off its Jason Stein Memorial Baseball Field Campaign at Upcoming Game
- News2022.01.07Broward Interim Superintendent Cartwright Answers Pressing Questions at Meet and Chat Event
- Events2021.12.16Coral Springs Community Garden Hosting December Plant Sale
- Events2021.12.156 Coral Springs Girl Scouts Host Garage Sale to Pay for Long-Awaited Georgia Trip