By: Sharon Aron Baron
Three Coral Springs residents are dead after being trapped in a submerged car off the Sawgrass Expressway on Tuesday
According to Florida Highway Patrol, couple Boby Mathew, 47, and Dolly Mathew, 41, and their son Manoj, 16, were traveling northbound in a 2006 Honda Accord on the Sawgrass at approximately 6:25 p.m. It appears that the driver lost control of the vehicle, traveled onto the unpaved inside shoulder, and then continued into a large body of water — at which point the occupants became trapped inside the vehicle.
All occupants were extricated from the vehicle and transported to Broward Health North.
Boby and Dolly Mathew were pronounced dead. Manoj died at the hospital.
According to The American Bazaar, Boby, an IT professional, worked in Dallas, Texas, and he was returning to the city after spending the long holiday weekend with the family. Both he and Dolly are immigrants from Kothamangalam, a small town in the Ernakulam district in Kerala.
The couple’s older son, Austin, was not with them at the time of the accident. Boby Mathew’s two brothers live in the United States, one in Chicago and the other in Dallas.
According to a resident, Boby was formerly employed with Office Depot where he was a Sr. Manager, IT Applications.
More details as we receive them. This case is still pending investigation.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.07.30Coral Springs Center for the Arts Announces 11 Concerts, Comedy, and Shows
- Events2021.07.21TICKET ALERT: ‘Menopause The Musical’ Heads to the Coral Springs Center For The Arts
- Events2021.07.19TICKET ALERT: Coral Springs International Dinner Dance Celebrates the USA
- Events2021.07.13Ticket Alert: The Ultimate QUEEN Celebration Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts