By: Sharon Aron Baron
Three Coral Springs residents are dead after being trapped in a submerged car off the Sawgrass Expressway on Tuesday
According to Florida Highway Patrol, couple Boby Mathew, 47, and Dolly Mathew, 41, and their son Manoj, 16, were traveling northbound in a 2006 Honda Accord on the Sawgrass at approximately 6:25 p.m. It appears that the driver lost control of the vehicle, traveled onto the unpaved inside shoulder, and then continued into a large body of water — at which point the occupants became trapped inside the vehicle.
All occupants were extricated from the vehicle and transported to Broward Health North.
Boby and Dolly Mathew were pronounced dead. Manoj died at the hospital.
According to The American Bazaar, Boby, an IT professional, worked in Dallas, Texas, and he was returning to the city after spending the long holiday weekend with the family. Both he and Dolly are immigrants from Kothamangalam, a small town in the Ernakulam district in Kerala.
The couple’s older son, Austin, was not with them at the time of the accident. Boby Mathew’s two brothers live in the United States, one in Chicago and the other in Dallas.
According to a resident, Boby was formerly employed with Office Depot where he was a Sr. Manager, IT Applications.
More details as we receive them. This case is still pending investigation.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.11.26City Distributes 350 Thanksgiving Turkeys to Coral Springs Residents in Need
- News2020.11.23Coral Springs Holiday Parade Becomes a Drive-Thru Experience
- News2020.11.20MLK Committee Hosts Inaugural Virtual Art Contest for K-12 Students
- News2020.11.20Feeding South Florida to Host Thanksgiving Food Distributions in Days Leading Up to Thanksgiving