By: Matt Rothman
Coral Springs Charter wrestler Terrell Taylor had a fantastic season finishing as runner-up in the FHSAA State Championship taking place over the weekend in Kissimmee.
Before falling in the finals, Taylor went a perfect 29-0 to start the year. He had to win three matches to get to the final. Taylor pinned Andrew Crouch from Berkeley Prep 38 seconds into the match. Following that, he defeated Billy Fetzner from Hernando High school 8-7.
In the semifinals, Taylor had a rematch against Danil Korochenskiy from Cardinal Gibbons. After beating him 8-3 earlier this year, Taylor won again on 6-4.
“It’s been a pleasure to coach such a great athlete and an even better young man,” said Head Coach Dan Dunham. “The best football, wrestlers, I have had the pleasure to coach.”
Taylor also earned himself four district and two regional championships. He also finished fourth in states in 2020 and was one of the top running backs in the county for the Coral Springs Charter football team.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.07.21J.P. Taravella’s All-County Outfielder Luis Rodriguez Makes His College Choice
- News2021.07.19Coral Springs Girls Travel Basketball Team Ranks Number 1 in the State
- News2021.07.16Coral Springs Native Caleb Roberts Selected in 5th Round of MLB Draft
- News2021.07.16J.P. Taravella Grad Jack Sinclair Drafted in 16th Round of MLB Draft