By: Matt Rothman
It has been a terrific start to the Coral Springs High School boys volleyball team 2021 season.
Currently 2-0, they earned wins over Monarch High School and Fort Lauderdale High School and have yet to drop a set.
“We’re playing very well as a team. We need to work on consistency of all aspects of the game,” said Head Coach Bumbales, who gets the entire team involved as every player on the roster has played a set.
Offensively, the Colts have been led by captain Bryan Vergara, who had a team-high nine kills in his last match and has 13 this season. Sebastian Evans has six, while Sean Ortiz and Zidane Butler each have five.
Butler has also done a trendies job serving as he has five aces. As a team, the Colts have 12, as Alvin Vo has one despite playing in just a single set this season.
Ronex Faustin has done a tremendous job at the net as he has a team-high 20 assists. He also has 14 digs and sits 12 back of Jimi Epoyun, who has 26.
Henry Southard has also contributed nicely with four blocks this season.
Daniel Benigo had three kills in his lone set, while Ethan Mason and Mitch Jean-Mary have a combined three. Manuel Hernandez made his mark with a block against Monarch, and Eduardo Fuentes has five digs.
Up next, the Colts hope to move to 3-0 as they face Pompano Beach High School on Monday, December 8 at 4:30 in Coral Springs.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- NewsSeptember 30, 2023Rivalry Night: Coral Springs Charter Football Faces Off Against J.P. Taravella
- NewsSeptember 30, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Football Dominates Pig Bowl: Coral Springs Principal Kisses the Pig
- NewsSeptember 28, 20234 Middle School Cross Country Teams Compete in Race
- NewsSeptember 27, 2023Casullo Remains Confident in Young Coral Glades Football Team