By: Matt Rothman
It was a phenomenal run for the Coral Springs boys basketball team, but it all came to an end Friday night in the Regional Final.
The Colts fell to William T. Dwyer High School 70-54 after a memorable playoff run that saw Coral Springs win four games, including a District tournament. In their past two victories, they had Kymani Quarrie hit both two clutch free throws to close out a game as well as a buzzer-beater to defeat Monarch High School.
For Head Coach Devin Barta, this team will be one that he remembers for a long time.
“This team bounced back after a tough year last season,” Barta said. “This is a real testimony to our seniors as they helped put Coral Springs basketball back on the map.”
The Colts finished the season with an 8-6 record and will have a handful of seniors graduate this spring. They will likely have three juniors and six sophomores return for their senior season who all gained a valuable year of experience.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.05.1812 Coral Glades Student-Athletes Officially Sign to Play in College
- News2022.05.18Stephanie Basso’s 3 Home Run Game Leads CSC Softball to Regional Final
- News2022.05.17Kate Maston’s Transition from Baseball to Softball Pays off for Coral Springs Charter
- News2022.05.167 Coral Springs Athletes Reach Podium in Track and Field State Championship