By: Chris Brunner:
For accommodating foreign exchange students from abroad to study in schools such as JP Taravella and Coral Glades High School, Broward County Public Schools is being recognized for Global Education Excellence.
Regional Coordinator Laura Barry with EF High School Exchange Year presented the award to Superintendent Robert Runcie and Ralph Aiello, Coordinator of Guidance, BRACE & Academic Advisement for the Department of College and Career Readiness.
The EF High School Exchange Year Global Education Excellence Award is presented annually to high schools and school districts that demonstrate an extraordinary commitment to international understanding and global awareness.
Broward County has shown an outstanding commitment to offering a global education. By welcoming exchange students into the classrooms, Broward County has created new and unique learning opportunities not just for the exchange students, but for the American students and faculty as well.” – Dan Sodervall, president of EF High School Exchange Year.
This year, BCPS welcomed three EF High School Exchange Year exchange students. The students attended Taravella High School, South Plantation High School and Coral Glades High School. The students became an integral part of the schools’ academic and extracurricular activities, involving the greater community in the exchange experience.
“My experience at Taravella High has been amazing,” said EF student Paolo Bellentani. “I was able to participate in many extracurricular activities I would not have done in Italy.”
Regional Coordinator Laura Barry added, “We thank Broward County for welcoming this year’s students from around the globe. The community and visiting students shared an unforgettable experience thanks to the generosity of school administrators, teachers, students and families. Our host families are amazing caring people and without them this would not be possible.”
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.04.16President, Governor, Directs Flags at Half-Staff in Honor of Indianapolis Victims on April 20
- News2021.04.14Coral Springs Man Catches Unbelievable Video of Meteor
- News2021.04.14J&J Appointment Canceled? Broward Health has a solution
- News2021.04.13City of Coral Springs Live-Streams 33rd Annual National Day of Prayer