By: Sharon Aron Baron
Join others in giving blood and have the opportunity to get a free COVID-19 antibody test.
In partnership with Innovative Transfusion Medicine (ITM), the City of Coral Springs is holding a blood drive with COVID-19 antibody tests Saturday, June 13, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Anyone who has not traveled and is not experiencing any flu-like symptoms is encouraged to donate blood.
ITM, a local not-for-profit blood center serving hospitals throughout the United States, announced that any voluntary Whole Blood Donations made at the Coral Springs test site, will include a COVID-19 lgG Antibodies along with a mini-physical, cholesterol test and snacks.
Over the past several weeks, blood centers throughout the country are experiencing a significant drop in donations due in response to the Coronavirus emergency. Schools, churches, businesses, and public entertainment closings have disrupted regular blood donations.
“This is another way our residents can be tested to ensure they are free of the COVID-19 virus or had been exposed to it while replenishing our local blood banks,” said City Manager Frank Babinec.
Blood donations remain safe, and precautions to ensure donor safety remains in full force. New guidance has been provided to protect donors from exposure further. ITM has adopted these policies to restrict those who may be at risk. Every donor will be assessed for a current fever and recent symptoms and/or travel activity.
If you are a healthy individual, age 17 or older, who weighs at least 115 pounds, you can donate blood. Please bring a photo ID as it is required and show up at 9551 W. Sample Rd. (across from City Hall).
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.11.23Coral Springs Holiday Parade Becomes a Drive-Thru Experience
- News2020.11.20MLK Committee Hosts Inaugural Virtual Art Contest for K-12 Students
- News2020.11.20Feeding South Florida to Host Thanksgiving Food Distributions in Days Leading Up to Thanksgiving
- News2020.11.16Coral Springs Police and Dispatch Receive National Re-Accreditation