By: Sharon Aron Baron
The Fort Lauderdale Ski and Snowboard Show, now in its 24th year, is the largest ski and snowboard consumer event in the southeast is featuring its one-weekend only mega merchandise show this weekend.
Even if you aren’t a skier, this weekend’s ski show is the best place to get more information on winter travel packages at leading national resorts. They are also having a national winter clothing drive and fun activities for the entire family.
For families with children in Coral Springs or Parkland schools, please keep in mind that winter break is from December 21 – January 5, and spring break is from March 21 – 30, so plan your ski trips with those dates in mind.
- Show Dates are Friday: October 11, 2013 1:00 pm – 9:00 pm Saturday: October 12, 2013 10:00 am – 6:00 pm Sunday: October 13, 2013 10:00 am – 6:00 pm:
- The Broward County Convention Center
1950 Eisenhower Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
- Admission: Adults: FreeChildren 16 and under: Free
- Activities and Values
- Huge savings on over $1,000,000 of quality merchandise with discounts of up to 60% covering 40,000 square-feet of floor space. Merchandise includes clothing, accessories and outdoor gear, all at blowout prices.
- More than 50 exhibitors representing equipment manufacturers, airlines, specialty travel agencies, tour operators and the best resorts in the United States and Canada on hand with special savings on ski and snowboard trips.
- A clothing drive for warm winter clothing. Peter Glenn Ski & Sports’ partnership with the national charity, One Warm Coat www.onewarmcoat.org locally benefits Hope South Florida in Fort Lauderdale, FL.
- Virtual Snow® of Palm Beaches, an actual ski/snowboard simulator, developed by Bob Salerno, a two-time world freestyle champion. Virtual Snow® helps beginners, intermediates, children, teens and adults to learn and train safely to maximize the time spent on the ski slopes. The indoor simulator is also a great place to break in new boots before heading to the mountain.
- For adrenaline junkies and extreme winter sports enthusiasts, winter X-Treme sports films, featuring gravity-defying feats by world-class athletes, will be screening continuously through out the show.
- The Green Man of Deals. In addition to select green exhibitors, the show features a green fan favorite, the reigning, recycled, show mascot, who glides the show floor with announcements of impromptu savings and prize giveaways.
- Rock-Climbing Wall
- A children’s area featuring a bounce house
This event is presented by Peter Glenn Ski & Sports.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.11.29Broward County Public Schools Awarded Grants to Broaden Participation in Computer Science
- News2020.11.29Popular ‘Bethlehem Revisited’ Event Canceled Due to Covid-19
- News2020.11.28Chabad of Coral Springs Holds Free Food Distribution December 1
- News2020.11.28Drop Off Hazardous Materials at 2 Different Dates and Locations in December