By: Chris Brunner
Students can earn extra service hours by participating in the 40th Annual Broward Waterway Cleanup on March 4.
For the past 20 years, Coral Springs has participated in the county-wide effort, drawing out more than 300 volunteers last year. Participants will help search the City’s waterways for debris.
In order for students to receive community service hours, the volunteer must pre-register online, at the correct participating site and note on the registration form that they will be working toward service hours in the RSVP comments section. For more information, visit www.waterwaycleaup.org, or call 954-524-2733.
The cleanup will take place in Coral Springs at Riverside Park, 205 Coral Ridge Drive, on Saturday, March 4 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Chris has been a contributing writer at Tamarac Talk and Coral Springs Talk since high school. He is a resident of Coral Springs and is currently attending college.
- News2020.04.16Museum of Discovery and Science Now Partners with Broward County Public Schools
- News2020.04.06Nominate a Healthcare, First Responders & Unsung Community Hero for a 2020 Hyundai Sonata Giveaway
- News2019.09.25Grudges Settled in the Ring at Coastal Championship Wrestling in Coral Springs
- News2019.09.23Coral Springs Police Hold Shredathon where Items will be Safely Destroyed