Steven Conte works with a volunteer and Michelle Conte serves up some mashed potatoes
By: Sharon Aron Baron
Saint Andrew Catholic Church will be hosting its Annual Thanksgiving Day dinner serving hundreds of meals to those in the area.
Volunteers will be serving meals on Thanksgiving Day from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m and anyone that doesn’t have someone to share Thanksgiving with is welcome to join them. The meals are bought and cooked by the parishioners and every year they get a great volunteer turnout for the event.
“Our pastor came to us 12 years ago and wanted to create something for folks that didn’t have a place to go for Thanksgiving,” said Greg Snyder, Past President of the Men’s Club. “It’s grown exponentially since then. We’re now serving 1,500 to 1,800 meals.”
Snyder said that the event has become something that the parish is proud of and gives so many people a place to go.
“We have folks lined up outside and around the building.”
If you would like to help, Snyder said that as far as logistics and labor, they are pretty much covered, however, donations are always appreciated.
If you would like join others for Thanksgiving, please visit Saint Andrew Catholic Church:
9950 NW 29 Street
Coral Springs, FL 33065
Phone: (954) 752-3950
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.07.21TICKET ALERT: ‘Menopause The Musical’ Heads to the Coral Springs Center For The Arts
- Events2021.07.19TICKET ALERT: Coral Springs International Dinner Dance Celebrates the USA
- Events2021.07.13Ticket Alert: The Ultimate QUEEN Celebration Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts
- Events2021.07.12Coral Springs Festival of the Arts Accepting Artist Submissions for 2022 Event