By: Sharon Aron Baron
Several Coral Springs families lost their homes from a fire at a fourplex apartment building on Monday night.
The Coral Springs/Parkland Fire Department were called to the scene at 7:36 p.m from a neighbor who smelled smoke at 7513 NW 44 court. When they arrived, there was heavy smoke and flames coming from the fourplex. According to Fire Chief Frank Babinec the power was out in the area, then came back on, and within a half hour his office received the call. One of the units had heavy fire damage, two had heavy smoke damage and two had light smoke damage.
Residents will no longer be able to live in the apartment and will work with the American Red Cross to find them shelter he said.
The fire is under investigation.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.03.01‘Check’ This Out: Register for Open Play Chess in Coral Springs
- News2021.03.01City Celebrates 5 Amazing Residents During Women’s History Month
- News2021.02.28Clear Space by Disposing Your Hazardous Waste March 6
- News2021.02.27Arson, Burglary, and Battery, This Week in Coral Springs Crime