By: Sharon Aron Baron
Several Coral Springs families lost their homes from a fire at a fourplex apartment building on Monday night.
The Coral Springs/Parkland Fire Department were called to the scene at 7:36 p.m from a neighbor who smelled smoke at 7513 NW 44 court. When they arrived, there was heavy smoke and flames coming from the fourplex. According to Fire Chief Frank Babinec the power was out in the area, then came back on, and within a half hour his office received the call. One of the units had heavy fire damage, two had heavy smoke damage and two had light smoke damage.
Residents will no longer be able to live in the apartment and will work with the American Red Cross to find them shelter he said.
The fire is under investigation.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.22MD NOW in Coral Springs Now Offering Free Flu Shots
- News2020.09.205 Cases of Child Abuse Reported this Week in Coral Springs Crime
- News2020.09.19Vice Mayor Joy Carter Appointed to Serve on Florida League of Cities Legislative Policy Committee
- News2020.09.18Coral Springs Employer Awards Grants to 2 Minority-Owned Businesses