By: Sharon Aron Baron
When Lucie Di Caupua and her husband Scott Spiewak took their two young daughters out for dinner on Sunday night, it may have saved their lives because when they got home, they discovered that someone shot a bullet at their home shattering their sliding glass door, and traveling to the other side of the house until it became lodged inside the front door frame.
“We were very fortunate we weren’t home,” said Lucie, “We called 911 at 7:57. If one of us were home, we would have seen this.”
The shooting, occurred on the 400 block of NW 93 Avenue in a subdivision of Shadow Wood. After investigating, police determined that it was fired from the Visconti Condominiums parking lot on the other side of the canal.
According to Captain Bradley McKeone, a neighbor told police that he heard a bang roughly around 5:45 to 6:30 p.m from the rear area of his home which borders the canal from the condominiums, however, he did not call police.
“Even if they heard something, they didn’t know exactly what it could have been,” Lucie said.
On Thursday night, Coral Springs Police came back to the home to retrieve the bullet from the door frame. They took her door frame off, and sawed into the wall. “There’s a big hole in it and the door frame is kinda ruined anyway, so I’m just going to put it there as a temporary band-aid, so now I’m going to have to match the door moulding.”
“The police aren’t sure what caliber the bullet is, but they think it’s a higher round like a .38 or a .40. It’s a decent sized caliber,” she said.
Lucie said that the community is very close, and even has a crime watch which sent an email out to all of the neighbors about the incident.
“Every one of us on this canal has young children. It’s kind of scary to think what could have happened.”
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.10.22Tickets Still Available for Comedian Whitney Cummings Nov. 12
- Events2021.10.21Tickets Still Available for ‘The Price is Right Live’ in Coral Springs Oct. 29
- News2021.10.19Volunteers Needed to Assist Free Food Distribution at Chabad of Coral Springs
- News2021.10.14Coral Springs ‘Taps’ into Bavarian Culture with Amazing Oktoberfest Celebration