By: Sharon Aron Baron
Christine Levinson, wife of hostage Robert Levinson was joined by their son Dan for an interview on CNN on Wednesday.
As reported, Coral Springs resident Robert “Bob” Levinson Bob Levinson has now been held hostage longer than any other person in U.S. history including Terry Anderson.
Dan Levinson told CNN that his father was being brought up during talks with Iran at every opportunity and they’re going to continue to press his case and they have no doubt that the U.S. government is doing everything that they can.
During the phone call that was made between President Obama and newly elected Iranian President Rouhani in September, which was the first direct contact that was made between the two leaders of the countries in 34 years, Bob Levinson’s case was discussed which Dan Levinson said was “very big for us and shows how important was important it was for the U.S. government.” Levinson said he was very grateful to President Obama for bringing it up and hopes that President Rouhani and his administration can follow up on that request.
On November 26, the White House Press Secretary released the following statement:
On March 9, 2007, American citizen and retired FBI Agent Robert Levinson went missing during a business trip to Kish Island, Iran. Today, Mr. Levinson becomes one of the longest held Americans in history.
As we approach the upcoming holiday season, we reiterate the commitment of the United States Government to locate Mr. Levinson and bring him home safely to his family, friends, and loved ones. We welcome the assistance of our international partners in this investigation, and we respectfully ask the Government of the Islamic Republic of Iran to assist us in securing Mr. Levinson’s health, welfare, and safe return.”
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.19Vice Mayor Joy Carter Appointed to Serve on Florida League of Cities Legislative Policy Committee
- News2020.09.18Coral Springs Employer Awards Grants to 2 Minority-Owned Businesses
- News2020.09.17VIDEO: Coral Springs Police Respond to Alleged Rough Arrest Video
- News2020.09.14City of Coral Springs Hosts Plasma and Blood Drive