By: Sharon Aron Baron
In celebration of Free Comic Book Day, Coral Springs’ very own Loot Games & Comics is just one of thousands of stores giving away over six million comic books to millions of fans.
On Saturday, May 5, Loot Games & Comics will be celebrating their second annual Free Comic Book Day where each year thousands of participating stores introduce fans to the wonders of comics.
“Free Comic Book Day is a great event for the whole community. Bringing everyone together, finding books for everyone to enjoy, and seeing people of all ages—children, teens, and adults—sharing our passion for comics is incredible, said Alexander Nykolaiszyn, Owner of Loot Games & Comics.
He said there will be a comic book for everyone with titles like DC Super Hero Girls #1, Overwatch & Black Hammer and the Avengers’ Captain America.
“Comics are a fun and enduring form of entertainment for readers of all ages to dive into as imagination comes to life,” he said. “Whether it be popular comics, film, television shows, or video games, there’s something for everyone to enjoy.”
Free Comic Book Day kicks off at 10 a.m. and runs until 11 p.m. at Loot Games & Comics 10267 W. Sample RD, Coral Springs, FL. Call 561-594-8587, visit www.lootgamesandcomics.com or follow their Facebook page for more information.
“Even if you’ve never picked up a comic book, we want to welcome everyone to Loot Games & Comics on May 5, because there are so many amazing comics this year and we can’t wait to share them,” said Nykolaiszyn.
Regular updates, information about comic books, and a list of participating publishers and their free comics are all online at www.freecomicbookday.com.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.23Video: Patient at Broward Health Coral Springs Celebrates 101st Birthday
- News2020.09.23Sawgrass Nature Center Raising Funds for Environmental Education Project for Title 1 Schools
- News2020.09.23Clear Space by Safety Disposing Hazardous Waste October 3
- News2020.09.22Coral Springs Museum of Art Features the Smithsonian’s ‘100 Faces of War’