By: Sharon Aron Baron
Canceled due to Hurricane Dorian, the show will now go on for the next Bite-N-Sips event — which will also include a Bahamian Relief effort.
Partnering with the Coral Springs Community Chest, Inc., a nonprofit community partner, the city hopes to raise funds for the rebuilding of the Bahamas. They will also be selling merchandise where 100 percent of proceeds benefit the effort. Attendees at the event will have the ability to donate funds electronically, and a portion of food and drink sales will be donated as well.
City spokesperson Lynne Martzall said the fundraising would be ongoing throughout event season.
Their recovery is long-term,” she said. “We need to do something meaningful to help the Bahamian people — money is how we can do it.”
Scheduled for Saturday, September 14, the Bites n Sips event will feature Casey Weston, star of NBC’s The Voice. Weston will headline the event with “Gypsy” featuring the music of Stevie Nicks — with a sprinkling of Fleetwood Mac.
Other entertainers include the Jeffrey James Gang Unplugged Trio – playing classic rock and roll, and DJ Mike Locke, spinning Top 40 Hits.
Food trucks include Captain Lobster, Jerk It Cuisine, Joe Joe on-the-Go, Tornado Crépes & Paninis, Reggae Beets, Moops Pops, Papa Trattoria, Guiseppe’s, The Greek, Wild Fork Foods, Gene’s Joint, World Famous Eggroll, Melted Madness, Karmic Ice Cream, and 681 Seafood Southern Bites.
The “Sips” will be covered too with adult beverages available for purchase.
This family-friendly event will take place from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. at the City Hall Great Lawn, located at 9500 West Sample Road. Bring your lawn chairs and blankets — free parking in the city hall garage.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.11.27Sawgrass Nature Center Holds 4th Annual Orchid Festival
- News2020.11.26City Distributes 350 Thanksgiving Turkeys to Coral Springs Residents in Need
- News2020.11.23Coral Springs Holiday Parade Becomes a Drive-Thru Experience
- News2020.11.20MLK Committee Hosts Inaugural Virtual Art Contest for K-12 Students