By: Sharon Aron Baron
Funeral arrangements have been announced for Firefighter/Paramedic Christopher Randazzo, who was discovered dead last Saturday in Lauderdale-by-the-Sea.
Randazzo, 39, attended the Coral Springs Regional Institute of Public Safety in 2018, where he attained his firefighter certification. He also received his paramedic certification from the State of Florida last year, as well.
He was hired with the Coral Springs-Parkland Fire Department on March 25, 2019. When Randazzo was hired, he was asked to write a short biography about his journey to becoming a firefighter with the agency. Of his new career, he wrote that this new job was “fulfilling his lifelong dreams.”
Although Randazzo was a relatively new employee, Division Chief Michael Moser said he was a great fireman, with no disciplinary issues whatsoever. In October, Randazzo was nominated for a lifesaving commendation award for a near-drowning of a 7-year-old. The winner had not yet been determined.
Randazzo’s death is being investigated as a homicide.
According to the Coral Springs-Parkland Fire Department, funeral arrangements have been finalized by the Randazzo family. Christopher will be laid to rest with firefighter honors, and all services will be open to the public.
The viewing is on Wednesday, October 23 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at Serenity Funeral Home 1450 South State Road 7 North Lauderdale, and services are on Thursday, October 24, at 11:00 a.m. at the Fort Lauderdale Marriott, Coral Springs Convention Center 11775 Heron Bay Blvd in Coral Springs.
The burial will be on Thursday, October 24, immediately following the service at Forest Lawn Funeral Home at 2401 SW 64th Ave in Fort Lauderdale.
In lieu of flowers, the Randazzo Family is asking for donations to be made to the Coral Springs Firefighter Benevolent Association.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.30Broward Health Coral Springs Expands its Visitor Policy
- News2020.09.29Coral Springs Honors Veterans with New Program
- News2020.09.28Coral Springs Students Can Enter ‘The Importance of Voting’ Virtual Poster Contest October 9
- News2020.09.27Clear Space by Safety Disposing Hazardous Waste October 3