By: Sharon Aron Baron
Governor Rick Scott has directed flags to be flown at half-staff for former State Senator and Coral Springs Mayor Walter “Skip” Campbell.
Senator Campbell represented Florida Senate District 32, which covers the northwest part of Broward County, from 1996 to 2006. After serving in the Florida Senate, Senator Campbell was elected the mayor of Coral Springs in 2014 and served his community until his passing.
As a symbol of respect for the memory of Senator Campbell, and his service to Florida, Governor Rick Scott has directed the flags of the United States and the State of Florida to be flown at half-staff at the Broward County Courthouse in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, the City Hall in Coral Springs and at the State Capitol in Tallahassee, from sunrise to sunset on Saturday, October 27, 2018. Funeral arrangements here.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.22MD NOW in Coral Springs Now Offering Free Flu Shots
- News2020.09.205 Cases of Child Abuse Reported this Week in Coral Springs Crime
- News2020.09.19Vice Mayor Joy Carter Appointed to Serve on Florida League of Cities Legislative Policy Committee
- News2020.09.18Coral Springs Employer Awards Grants to 2 Minority-Owned Businesses