By: Sharon Aron Baron
This year, the organizers of the biggest children’s consignment event in Coral Springs are making a difference for several families who have been displaced by Hurricane Irma or other life-changing events.
The Just Between Friends semi-annual consignment sale which provides children’s and maternity items have organized a Pay it Forward program. According to organizers Patti Maibauer and her mother Janis Jeffus, the program will help six families by providing them with shopping sprees raised by both consignors and shoppers. Broward County Public Schools helped locate the families after they reached out to the district.
“After seeing the devastation so many are experiencing due to Hurricane Irma and other natural disasters, we felt called to do even more than we’ve ever done before,” said Jeffus.
Getting their consignors to donate has never been a problem for the event said Maibauer. In the past, many have donated thousands of items to their partner charities like the Children’s Diagnostic & Treatment Center’s TOPWA program (Targeted Outreach for Pregnant Women Act) and Broward County Public Schools’ Harvest Drive.
The semi-annual event runs from Thursday, October 12 through Sunday, October 15 at the Coral Springs Gymnasium. The consignors are local families, bringing their gently used and new items to sell at 50-90 percent off retail, which will fill the entire Gym. Buyers can expect to find things like baby equipment, outdoor playground toys, shoes and clothing (kids, teens and maternity), books, games, DVDs, children’s furniture, and pretty much anything else that has to do with raising children.
“Helping others recycle their family’s gently-used items is such a rewarding way to meet and network with bargain-savvy moms in our community,” said Maibauer. “We have so much fun helping others that it’s almost like a family reunion instead of a huge community sale.”
To take part in the Coral Springs Just Between Friends sales event, go to www.jbfsale.com. Sign up on their mailing list and receive a free admission coupon for the first public sale day on October 12. The Coral Springs Gymnasium is at 2501 Coral Springs Drive in Coral Springs.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.11.26Donations Needed for United Way’s ‘Adopt-a-Family’ Annual Gift Drive
- Events2021.11.23Save 25 Percent Off Shows: Cyber Monday Shopping Starts Early at the Center for the Arts
- Events2021.11.22Hasidic Pop Singer Yossi Rodal Performs Concert at Annual Menorah Lighting in Coral Springs
- Events2021.11.22Registration Now Open for Winter Camp in Coral Springs