By: Sharon Aron Baron
Blessing of the Animals, conducted in remembrance of Saint Francis of Assisi’s love for all creatures, will be held by the Humane Society of Broward County.
St. Francis of Assisi, patron saint of animals and ecology had a deep love of God which overflowed into a love for all of God’s creatures. His sermons preached to animals, and his insistence that all creatures are brothers and sisters under God. Every year on or around October 4, Christians throughout the world celebrate the Feast of St. Francis with prayers for creation and a blessing of the animals.
The Humane Society of Broward County invites Coral Springs residents to bring their special furry friends on Sunday, October 14 from 3:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. outside in the east yard at the Humane Society of Broward County where the Franciscan Friars of the Parish of Saints Francis & Clare will perform the Blessing.
Pets of all kinds are welcome, but they state they must be either in a secure carrier or on a leash. For more information, please call 954-266-6848 or 954-731-8173. No RSVP is needed.
The Humane Society of Broward County is located at 2070 Griffin Road, just west of I-95.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.05.07Register Now for the ‘King of Coral Springs’ Chess Tournament in Coral Springs
- News2021.05.06Pet Therapy Dogs Delivers Message in Honor of National Nurses Week
- News2021.05.06City of Coral Springs Facilities Still Require Face Masks, Despite Executive Order
- News2021.05.06Pet Supermarket Honors a ‘Teacher’s Pet’ that Helps Students Learn