By Agrippina Fadel
Incontro Italian Cuisine and Steak House at The Walk in Coral Springs had its soft opening a few days ago and is already creating a buzz in the community.
According to Commissioner Joy Carter, she visited the restaurant three times in the past week and even brought the city staff with her after the latest meeting.
“The food is great, and the service is outstanding. I have met the owners, Pedro and Christina Bitar; they are very personable and have a great staff,” said Carter, adding that the restaurant’s location in the heart of the city should help the business succeed.
Carter said the lounge area upstairs and the casual environment were very inviting. “I tried the Giant Meatball appetizer; it was delicious and lived up to its name – I could not finish it,” she laughed.
Located at 2752 N University Drive, Incontro took over the spot previously occupied by Cubanera Restaurant and Bar.
Owner Pedro Bitar told Coral Springs Talk the restaurant seats 180 guests, including 30 in a covered outdoor area, and hopes to become a go-to spot for locals, be it a business dinner, a casual lunch, or a private party in the VIP room.
Excited to bring a genuine Italian restaurant concept to Coral Springs, Bitar wants to give locals a break from the chain eateries.
“I think the community will be happy with the restaurant,” he said, adding that the chefs will make their own pasta and bread in-house, and every dish will be made from scratch.
Bitar said his vision was to create an environment that combined Italian cuisine with a steak house while at the same time maintaining a cozy, warm atmosphere.
Commissioner Carter said when companies choose to do business in Coral Springs, it makes her proud.
“I have lived here for 37 years; I think Coral Springs is a great place to live and work. The city is incredibly proactive in working to attract businesses. I want them to succeed,” she said, adding, “Who doesn’t like Italian food?”
Their hours are Monday – Sunday 3:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. Happy hour is from 4:00 p.m. – 7 p.m. Restaurant will be open for lunch soon.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master’s in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- News2022.05.23Coral Springs Middle School Student Wins Award at World Robotics Competition
- News2022.05.15Coral Springs Author Hopes Book Helps Kids Deal With Grief After Losing Pets
- Eat2022.05.14New Restaurant Alert: Playa Bowls Offer a Healthy Alternative to Fast Food
- Events2022.05.14‘Stop the Bleed’ Event in Coral Springs Teaches Residents How to Save Lives