By: Sharon Aron Baron
The viral video with over 27 million hits, shows a young, woman named Debbie explaining that it is her first attempt at creating an online dating profile video. Less than a full minute into the video, Debbie suddenly hits a wall of emotions and becomes teary-eyed, professing how much she loves cats.
“So I’m a recent, um, MBA grad from Villanova um, I. love. cats. um, I just (fans self) ..Sorry I’m getting emotional…I love cats, I love every kind of cat (fans herself) …Sorry, I just, I REALLY LOVE CATS. I just want to hug all of them but I can’t ‘cause that’s crazy. I can’t hug every cat. I just want to, I want to, I want to. I’m sorry, I just, I get, anytime I hear cat, I just, I love cats um, WHOO! Promised myself I wouldn’t cry, um, so anyway, I AM A CAT LOVER. “
So what do you think? Real or fake?
A debate over the authenticity of the video took place in the YouTube comments section with many users asserting the video is “obviously fake.” The woman in the video identified herself as actress Cara Hartmann, who has since launched a website, Tumblr page, Twitter account and has a Facebook fan page.
Cara has since uploaded several other videos for her YouTube channel, in which she portrays different characters. These videos are confirmation that the eHarmony bio was also scripted.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.02.28Clear Space by Disposing Your Hazardous Waste March 6
- News2021.02.27Arson, Burglary, and Battery, This Week in Coral Springs Crime
- News2021.02.26Dr. Andrea Pryce Selected as Operations Manager for the Coral Springs Regional Institute of Public Safety
- Crime & Safety2021.02.26FOUND: Parkland Teen Missing after Disagreement at Home