By: Matt Rothman
The J.P. Taravella baseball team picked up an important 5-1 win Friday night as they defeated Somerset Academy.
The Trojans received a terrific start from Chris Scinta. The junior pitched six innings and did not allow an earned run. He also struck out eight and allowed only one hit. Brandon Metiver closed out the game on the mound with two more punch-outs.
Offensively, the JPT baseball team only had five hits but made them count. Vincent Samuel had the big one with a two-run double in the first inning as the Trojans put up a four-spot before Scinta took the mound. Samuel swiped three bases in the game.
Matt Rubin also plated a run and had a pair of hits. Luis Rivera had the lone other run batted in while Jassiel Valbuena had a hit and E.J. Burns and Luis Rodriguez scored runs.
Up next, JPT will play Pine Crest School on Tuesday, March 22 at 4:30.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.07.21J.P. Taravella’s All-County Outfielder Luis Rodriguez Makes His College Choice
- News2021.07.19Coral Springs Girls Travel Basketball Team Ranks Number 1 in the State
- News2021.07.16Coral Springs Native Caleb Roberts Selected in 5th Round of MLB Draft
- News2021.07.16J.P. Taravella Grad Jack Sinclair Drafted in 16th Round of MLB Draft