By: Matt Rothman
Head Coach Joe Giummule was happy to earn the victory but felt his team was not at its best.
“Good teams find a way to win ugly games, so I’m happy we found a way to win tonight,” Giummule said.
The one part of the game he was happy about was the pitching. Dalton Juden got the start on the mound and pitched 3.1 innings allowing only one earned run.
Brandon Metiver came in for relief in the fourth inning and recorded 11 outs, with five of them coming via the punchout. He also earned his second win of the season in his fourth game and still has yet to allow a run.
It wasn’t the cleanest of defensive games as each team made four errors. The one RBI came from Tony Sanders. E.J. Burns had a hit, stole two bases, and scored two runs, while Luis Rodriguez, Matt Rubin, and Chris Scinta had the other three hits for the Trojans.
The win was their fifth win of the season in seven games, as they will now shift their attention to Nova High School at home on Thursday, March 11, at 7 p.m.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.07.21J.P. Taravella’s All-County Outfielder Luis Rodriguez Makes His College Choice
- News2021.07.19Coral Springs Girls Travel Basketball Team Ranks Number 1 in the State
- News2021.07.16Coral Springs Native Caleb Roberts Selected in 5th Round of MLB Draft
- News2021.07.16J.P. Taravella Grad Jack Sinclair Drafted in 16th Round of MLB Draft