By: Matt Rothman
The J.P. Taravella boys basketball team is moving on in the District Tournament following their 66-58 win over Cooper City High School on Tuesday.
After going 17-7 in the regular season, JPT came in as the three seed and got a team-high 18 points from Jordan Pratt. Jordan Evans added 11 as it was also Head Coach Eric Kapel’s first playoff win with the Trojans.
“It was a really meaningful game for me since I used to coach at Cooper City, and their head coach was my assistant,” said Kapel. “Every game is a one-game championship for us at this point.”
JPT has won 18 games, the most they have had since the 2015-16 season. Next, they are set to play at Coral Glades on Wednesday, Feb. 8, at 7:30 p.m. The Jaguars went 16-9 this year but fell by six points in their only meeting with the Trojans this season.
The winner of this game will face either Cypress Bay or Western High School in the Championship Game after the Wildcats knocked off Coral Springs High School in the District Quarterfinals.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here. Don’t miss reading Parkland Talk, Tamarac Talk, Coconut Creek Talk, and Margate Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.05.28Coral Springs Charter Celebrates a Stellar Year of Athletes with Nine Students Signing Letters of Intent
- News2023.05.2810 Coral Glades Student-Athletes Make Their College Picks
- News2023.05.27Parkridge Christian Academy Set to Host Summer Basketball Camp
- News2023.05.25Coral Glades High School Welcomes in New Athletic Director Howie Schrager