By: Matt Rothman
After a delayed start to the season due to gym space, the J.P. Taravella girls volleyball team was back on the court for the first time this week.
The Trojans started the week off playing against Northeast High School on Monday and lost in four sets. However, after they dropped the first two sets despite scoring 20 and 21 points, JPT won a fantastic third set 30-28 before losing 25-8 in the fourth.
Then, four days later, playing against a school that had dropped only one match all year, the Trojans again played competitively, splitting the first two sets against South Plantation High School.
JPT scored only four points in the first but won 25-23 in the second in an impressive set. They managed only 21 points in the final two sets to drop to 0-2.
Next, JPT will play at Deerfield Beach High School on Wednesday, September 22, at 6 p.m.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.05.1812 Coral Glades Student-Athletes Officially Sign to Play in College
- News2022.05.18Stephanie Basso’s 3 Home Run Game Leads CSC Softball to Regional Final
- News2022.05.17Kate Maston’s Transition from Baseball to Softball Pays off for Coral Springs Charter
- News2022.05.167 Coral Springs Athletes Reach Podium in Track and Field State Championship