By: Matt Rothman
J.P. Taravella’s boys basketball is underway, winning two of their first six games.
In their opening game against Cooper City, the Trojans fell but then defeated Northeast High School 72-59 for their first win. JPT had three players in double figures, with Jordan Evans leading with 20. Jordan Pratt, 18, and Fernando Garrido, 13.
Then, the Trojans dropped their next two games, including a tournament against Cardinal Gibbons. JPT scored a season-high 73 points but fell by 12. They lost to Hallandale High School by eight before beating Hollywood Hills High School by 32 points.
On Monday, the Trojans are most recently coming off a four-point loss against Fort Lauderdale High School. Next, they will take on Marjory Stoneman Douglas on Thursday, December 9, at 6 p.m.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsFebruary 22, 20245 Coral Springs Teams Compete in Regionals; Bowlers Compete in BCAA Tournament
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Coral Glades Football Adds New Offensive Coordinator
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Coral Springs Athletes Shine in Wrestling Tournaments and Lacrosse Matches
- NewsFebruary 15, 2024Former Coral Springs Charter Pitcher Brianna Godfrey Nearly Perfect in Debut With Maryland