By Sharon Aron Baron
Get ready to laugh your socks off. The Coral Springs Center for the Arts is bringing comedian Kathleen Madigan to town for her “Boxed Wine & Tiny Banjos Tour” on Friday, January 13, at 8 p.m.
With a 32-year career in comedy and a tour schedule that keeps her on the road 250 nights a year, Madigan is no newcomer to the scene. She’s performed in comedy clubs and theaters worldwide, made over 40 appearances on late-night talk shows, and even popped up on Jerry Seinfeld’s hit Netflix series, “Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee.”
During the pandemic, Madigan kept busy by launching a podcast, “Madigan’s Pubcast,” which is available on all streaming platforms.
She’s also released several stand-up specials, including the highly successful “Bothering Jesus,” which was the highest-selling comedy album and most-played comedy album on streaming services since 2014. Madigan has won numerous awards, including the American Comedy Award for “Best Female Comedian” and the Phyllis Diller award for “Best Female Comedian,” and she’s used her platform to advocate for and fundraise for causes like Cystic Fibrosis and Autism.
Comedian Ron White said, “There’s nobody better than Maddy. She’s smart and just crushes it every time. She’s not just one of the best ‘female’ comics. She’s one of the best comics, period.”
Don’t miss your chance to see Madigan in action at the state-of-the-art Coral Springs Center for the Arts. Tickets start at $29.50. You can purchase them by calling the Box Office at 954-344-5990 or by visiting www.TheCenterCS.com.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2023.02.03The Time-Honored Tradition of Girl Scout Cookie Sales is Here
- Crime & Safety2023.02.01Sawgrass Expressway Accident Leaves 2 Injured
- Crime & Safety2023.02.01Coral Springs High School Placed on Precautionary Lockdown Due to a Nearby Gun-Related Threat
- Events2023.01.31Free Concerts Return at ‘The Walk on Wednesday’s’ in Coral Springs