By: Sharon Aron Baron
A man suspected of breaking into commercial vehicles, including targeting landscaping equipment in the Coral Springs area has been arrested on Wednesday.
Detectives from BSO’s Burglary Apprehension Team helped the Coral Springs Burglary Enforcement And Recovery team, Wilton Manors Police Department, and Fort Police Department surveil and catch a man suspected of committing car burglaries in their cities.
Darrius Toliver, 26, of Fort Lauderdale was nabbed by BSO on Wednesday morning as he scoured the streets of Pompano Beach looking for his next target. The suspect had been breaking into commercial vehicles, targeting landscaping equipment, and would pawn the items for cash.
Acting on information obtained through investigative sources, detectives surveilled the suspect as he drove through residential neighborhoods, finally breaking into a vehicle in Coral Springs and stealing a leafblower. Detectives then followed his trail into Pompano Beach where he was taken into custody without incident.
Once arrested, Toliver, admitted to the crime and took detectives to a repair shop where a few other stolen items were recovered.
Toliver faces several counts of conveyance burglary, grand theft, dealing in stolen property and false ownership of pawned property.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.06.18Volunteers Needed for Coral Springs Drive Clean-Up Day June 26
- News2021.06.18Broward County Public Schools Offer 39 Covid Vaccination Sites for Students 12 and Older
- Events2021.06.15Construction Alert: Riverside Drive Street Upgrades Begin June 21
- Events2021.06.14TICKET ALERT: Comedian Whitney Cummings Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts