One Florida School Board member wants to spread the word that parents that wear inappropriate outfits to pick up their children from school are not setting a good example.
Broward County School Board member Rosalind Osgood, who represents Sunrise, Lauderhill, Lauderdale Lakes, and parts of Plantation and Tamarac said at a board meeting this month that too many moms and dads are going to schools in inappropriate outfits that clearly violate the dress code students are expected to follow.
Osgood told the Sun Sentinel, “We have dads showing up in sagging pants…it’s hard for me to tell a child not to show up for school with hair curlers, pajamas or short shorts if they see parents wearing them. Parents need to lead by example.”
Osgood’s suggestion has made national news with outlets such as CNN, NY Daily News, ABC, Huffington Post, CBS and Fox.
Enforcing a written adult dress code would be challenging, Osgood said. However, the issue is something that principals could address during Parent Night at the beginning of the school year.
Osgood would also like to hold a related forum when September rolls around. “We might make it into a fashion show,” she told the Sun Sentinel.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.07.21TICKET ALERT: ‘Menopause The Musical’ Heads to the Coral Springs Center For The Arts
- Events2021.07.19TICKET ALERT: Coral Springs International Dinner Dance Celebrates the USA
- Events2021.07.13Ticket Alert: The Ultimate QUEEN Celebration Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts
- Events2021.07.12Coral Springs Festival of the Arts Accepting Artist Submissions for 2022 Event