Ralleyball is part of the new 10 and under junior development program, using shorter courts, shorter rackets and softer tennis balls. Participants are placed on teams according to age, playing a match for one hour on Saturdays and having a team practice one day after school. Each player received a team shirt for the league play, and had a pizza party after the last match.
Cypress Park Tennis has just completed a six-week session of Ralleyball. Boys and girls in grades K-3 participated in a Saturday tennis league designed for brand new players as well as existing students.
Ribbons were awarded to every player after the last match. The K-1st grade division title was taken by the Volleys. Team members included Allyson Gates, Brooke Caires, Asa Lindo, Andres Castillo, Kenny Ferber, and Ella Carrol. The second place team, the Servers, consisted of team members Laisha Loor, Pierre Loor, Lindsay Perlmuter, Cooper Yellin, Jaden Duran, and Lindsay Rogalla.
The 2nd – 3rd grade division title was captured by the Smashers. The team consisted of Melina McDonald, Chloe Caires, Jax Yellin, Sophie Franklin, Chloe Dominique, and Alissa Defelice. The second place team, the Aces, included Sophia Snow, Ethan Lin, Alexandra Newman, Carly Rogalla, Vilani Price-Taylor, and Angelina Rangel.
Ralleyball runs twice a year, in February and in October. Cypress Park also has an in-house 12 and under league, using the softer green dot ball for entry level play, as well as a monthly orange ball day, for newer players using the shorter court and orange low compression ball. For the more advanced players there is a traveling team for students up to age 14.
For more information regarding Ralleyball, Junior Team Tennis or any other City tennis programs, please call the Tennis Center at 954-344-1840.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.11.23Coral Springs Holiday Parade Becomes a Drive-Thru Experience
- News2020.11.20MLK Committee Hosts Inaugural Virtual Art Contest for K-12 Students
- News2020.11.20Feeding South Florida to Host Thanksgiving Food Distributions in Days Leading Up to Thanksgiving
- News2020.11.16Coral Springs Police and Dispatch Receive National Re-Accreditation