By: Sharon Aron Baron
Independent filmmaker Jason Galotti loves writing and acting and has created a new YouTube movie filmed in Coral Springs called “Batman Saved Today.”
The film, starring Galotti as Batman was shot at Three Mountains Natural Area off of NW 1st Street which co-stars Megan Gil as “Andy” and Luis Ramirez as the “Candy Goon.” The film was shot and edited by Emmanuel Marrero, with Galotti writing the script and directing.
Galotti, currently lives in Margate but has lived in Coral Springs for most of his 28 years, and still works full-time in the City.
“I have been writing scripts, acting, and directing independent films for over seven years now and film regularly in the Coral Springs area.”
A second film he shot a few years ago called “Broward Livin’, County Lovin’ shows a couple of landmarks that residents may be familiar with like the Humpty Dumpty statue on Sample Road, Orchard Park on Coral Springs Drive, and the Tijuana Taxi Co. restaurant. The film was shot for the ‘Movies Of Our Lives’ segment, which premiered as part of the Fort Lauderdale International Film Festival at Cinema Paradiso.
Galotti is always looking for locations to shoot parts of his movies in, so if any businesses want to participate, he welcomes them, however, he said he won’t be able to pay for access to film but will give them a tribute by adding their names in the end credits as well as advertise their business. For more information, and to see more of his work, contact him at: www.jasongalotti.com.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.10.22Early Voting Report for October 21 for Northwest Regional Library
- News2020.10.2112 Winners Announced for ‘The Importance of Voting’ Virtual Poster Contest
- News2020.10.20Student Volunteers Needed at Chabad of Coral Springs Free Food Distribution
- News2020.10.17Battery, Burglary and Extortion This Week in Coral Springs Crime