By: Sharon Aron Baron
Two local students have been named winners in the 2015 National Merit Scholarship Program which chooses finalists with the strongest combination of accomplishments, skills and potential for success in rigorous college studies.
The National Merit Scholarship Corporation named seven Broward County Public Schools seniors in their second round announcement as National Merit Scholars and two of them were are students at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School: Vivek N. Miglani and Steven J. Norwalk.
The students are among the 2,500 Merit Scholar designees chosen from a talent pool of more than 15,000 outstanding Finalists and will receive a $2,500 scholarship.
“We are extremely proud of all of our dedicated and hard working students,” said Broward County Public Schools Superintendent Robert W. Runcie. “We congratulate them and their families on this outstanding accomplishment.”
Scholars were selected from students who advanced to the Finalists level in the National Merit Scholarship competition and met criteria of their scholarship sponsors. Corporate sponsors provide National Merit Scholarships for Finalists who are children of their employees, who are residents of communities the company serves, or who plan to pursue college majors or careers the sponsor wishes to encourage.
The other Broward County winners are:
Caterina Golner, Cypress Bay High School
Alison Huang, Cypress Bay High School
Abhisek Mishra, Miramar High School
Nicolas Vinh Pena, Western High School
Juan F. Trigo, Cypress Bay High School
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.04.16President, Governor, Directs Flags at Half-Staff in Honor of Indianapolis Victims on April 20
- News2021.04.14Coral Springs Man Catches Unbelievable Video of Meteor
- News2021.04.14J&J Appointment Canceled? Broward Health has a solution
- News2021.04.13City of Coral Springs Live-Streams 33rd Annual National Day of Prayer