By: Sharon Aron Baron
Coffee lovers are in for a surprise when they visit the new Starbucks location in Lauderhill on Friday morning: a brand new building, plus a drive thru window for those on the go.
Although it’s not in Coral Springs, anyone that’s traveling on University Drive will enjoy the convenience of the new location on Commercial Boulevard.
On Thursday evening, Starbucks hosted a “friends and family” event to celebrate the new location which was formerly home to an Italian restaurant before it was gutted and remodeled. The event was a chance for employees and their families to mix with Regional Manager Manny Sarduy, District Manager Artie Dohler, and Store Manager Eddy Salazar, as well to enjoy deejay music and taste some of their famous coffee drinks and pastries.
Now closed is their location near Target at 5435 N. University Drive, which was smaller and didn’t have the seating to accommodate customers during busy times.
Artie Dohler, who has worked with Starbucks for 15 years said their development team scouted locations looking for an opportunity for a stand alone building and said it took almost five years. “We now understand that the way to go is to have that balance; having that nice cafe for customers as well as having the convenience of the drive thru. Those are really our most successful stores.”
As District Manager, Dohler oversees Starbucks locations in Parkland, Coconut Creek, Coral Springs, Sunrise and Plantation. So he must drink a lot of coffee, right?
“I have my coffee in the morning, but in the afternoon I go to tea.”
His favorite coffee is Starbucks dark roast. “Any dark roast,” he said. And he prefers it black – no cream or sugar. In the afternoons he enjoys the green tea, or a green tea lemonade.
Dohler suggests that if customers have any questions about coffees to talk to the baristas, who will get to know them and what they like and will make recommendations.
Dohler tries to be his own first customer at every new store opening.
“At 5:30 tomorrow morning, I’ll be the first customer. I got beat one time, but I try to be the first customer.”
Starbucks is located at 7720 West Commercial Blvd in Lauderhill (near Tamarac) and will be open from 5:30 a.m. – 9:30 p.m. Monday through Friday and 6:00 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.07.30Coral Springs Center for the Arts Announces 11 Concerts, Comedy, and Shows
- Events2021.07.21TICKET ALERT: ‘Menopause The Musical’ Heads to the Coral Springs Center For The Arts
- Events2021.07.19TICKET ALERT: Coral Springs International Dinner Dance Celebrates the USA
- Events2021.07.13Ticket Alert: The Ultimate QUEEN Celebration Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts