By: Chris Brunner
Make more space inside your garage because this Saturday is the day to safely get rid of any type of household hazardous materials that you’ve been meaning to dispose of, but haven’t had the chance to.
The cities of Coral Springs, Coconut Creek, Tamarac, Fort Lauderdale, Oakland Park, and Pompano Beach have established a cooperative agreement that will allow City residents several opportunities to dispose of the full range of these materials at special one-day events throughout the year.
Coral Springs residents may drop off items on Saturday, December 6 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at 6011 Nob Hill Road in Tamarac.
The following items are considered household hazardous materials:
Compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs)
Nail polish & remover
Tires (limit 4)
You may drop off the following: Answering machines, computer cables, cell phones, computers (including laptops), copiers, DVD and VCR players, fax machines, flash and hard drives, keyboards/mice, monitors, pagers, print cartridges, printers, radios, routers, satellite/cable boxes, scanners, speakers/stereos, telephones, televisions, wires
The following are not accepted: Business- and government-generated waste, explosives, biohazardous waste, microwaves, appliances.
Remember, residents are not allowed to drop off items at Broward County’s Hazardous Waste Disposal. If you have any questions,please call Public Works at 954-344-1165.
- Chris has been a contributing writer at Tamarac Talk and Coral Springs Talk since high school. He is a resident of Coral Springs and is currently attending college.
- News2020.04.16Museum of Discovery and Science Now Partners with Broward County Public Schools
- News2020.04.06Nominate a Healthcare, First Responders & Unsung Community Hero for a 2020 Hyundai Sonata Giveaway
- News2019.09.25Grudges Settled in the Ring at Coastal Championship Wrestling in Coral Springs
- News2019.09.23Coral Springs Police Hold Shredathon where Items will be Safely Destroyed