By: Sharon Aron Baron
The man responsible for attacking a Coral Springs jogger as well as another incident in February was arrested on Sunday.
Dante Collins, 25, was arrested and charged with loitering and sexual battery. Following an extensive investigation, Coral Springs Police reported that Collins, who was employed as a security guard in the nearby industrial park, was arrested for loitering and prowling in the area of Wyndham Lakes after he was observed driving by detectives in the early morning hours on Sunday.
On April 9, Collins grabbed a woman from behind and pushed her to the ground as she was walking along Wyndham Lakes Boulevard during the early morning hours. She screamed for help and kicked the suspect, who then fled the scene. On February 24, a similar incident was reported in the same community with the suspect in that incident matching the description of the suspect in this week’s attack.
Collins was interviewed and provided a full confession to the February 20, and April 9, attacks and admitted to have committing close to 10 attacks that were not reported to police.
Collins is being held on $250,000 bond.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.10.25Latest Crime Update for Coral Springs Through October 20
- News2020.10.23Trader Joe’s Sets Opening Date in Coral Springs
- News2020.10.22Early Voting Report for October 21 for Northwest Regional Library
- News2020.10.2112 Winners Announced for ‘The Importance of Voting’ Virtual Poster Contest