By: Sharon Aron Baron
During a Facebook live video posted by Andrew Pollack on Friday, he discussed his new nonprofit as well as news that another parent of a victim would be running for public office.
Pollack was in New York meeting with companies for his new nonprofit AmericansForClass.org where the word “class” is an acronym for children’s lives and school safety. The nonprofit whose motto “Our party is the human party” is devoted to helping parents advocate for the security of children and school personnel in schools.
While online, he made an announcement about a new candidate for Broward County School Board that would represent the City of Parkland.
Pollack, who lost his daughter Meadow to a school shooter at Marjory Stoneman Douglas, said that Lori Alhadeff, mother of Alyssa, will be entering the race.
“Lori Alhadeff, we’re going to get behind her, she’s in district four and she’s going to do a great job and I’m definitely going to get behind her and make sure that happens,” said Pollack.
While Alhadeff’s name has not been listed as a candidate at the supervisor of elections’s office as of press time, she has been vocal about school safety since February 14. On Wednesday, Alhadeff attended the National Forum on School Safety conference in Washington with Senators Bill Nelson and Marco Rubio.
Currently, school board member Abby Freedman represents district four which covers Parkland, Coral Springs, Tamarac and parts of North Lauderdale and Margate. She is up for reelection November 2018. Nathalie Adams has also filed to run in the seat according to the Broward Supervisor of Elections.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.02.24Coral Springs Teen Among Elite Group of Students Named to Philanthropy Tank Class of 2021
- News2021.02.23CVS Will Offer COVID-19 Vaccinations Said Gov DeSantis
- Events2021.02.23Girl Scout Cookie Sales Are Here: Coral Springs Locations February 26-28
- Events2021.02.23Relay For Life Seeks Youth Performers for Fundraising Talent Show