By Kevin Deutsch
A Margate man has been charged with vehicular homicide after police determined he was racing during a June 2021 crash that killed a person in Coral Springs, police records show.
Tevin St. Louis, 27, was recklessly driving a blue Nissan Sentra four-door when he caused a fatal crash at the intersection of Wiles Road and Rothschild Drive around 12:35 p.m. on June 18, according to court papers filed last week by Coral Springs Police traffic homicide investigators.
The names of the other person or people involved in the deadly crash are redacted from the court records, including the name of the person killed. A vehicle struck by the Sentra in the collision is identified as a white Infiniti I35.
In addition to vehicular homicide, St. Louis is charged with one count of reckless driving causing serious bodily injury, two counts of reckless driving causing damage, and another count of reckless driving for racing, according to court records.
He was being held on a $35,000 bond Wednesday at the Broward Main Jail, records show.
Send to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- Crime & Safety2022.05.212 Adults and Infant Killed in Coral Springs Crime Spree
- Crime & Safety2022.05.19“A Growing Threat”: Rep. Deutch Applauds Passage of Resolution Condemning Rising Antisemitism
- News2022.05.16COVID Infection Totals Rising In Broward Schools
- Eat2022.05.14Coral Springs Restaurants Suffer Revenue Losses Amid Gas Outage