By Kevin Deutsch
A Coral Springs man was arrested Monday for chasing three neighborhood kids with a machete after they jumped his neighbor’s fence, court records show.
Robert Fox, 50, of 4241 NW 114th Ter., was charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon as a result of the assault, which happened sometime before 7:30 p.m., according to an arrest affidavit.
The victims, three kids who live in Fox’s neighborhood, had been playing outside a house on Fox’s street when they decided to cut through a female neighbor’s backyard to get home, the affidavit states.
The children hopped the fence separating their homes from hers, which they often did, records show. They had previously received the homeowner’s permission to take the shortcut whenever they liked, according to Coral Springs Police.
Fox felt differently, according to police.
He stepped outside and got into an argument with the children, police said. At one point, he went back inside his house and returned with the machete, a two-and-a-half foot-long knife with a black handle, the affidavit states.
He began chasing the kids with his weapon while telling them, “I told you not to come back here,” according to the document.
The children ran off in fear, and their parents called the police.
The woman whose fence they jumped later told officers, “the children are allowed to use her yard whenever they want, and she has told them so,” the affidavit states.
Fox told the officers he knew the children and “was just trying to scare them,” according to police.
He was booked into the Broward Main Jail and held on a $5,000 bond Thursday.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- Crime & Safety2022.07.01Coral Springs Woman Killed By County Bus
- Crime & Safety2022.06.29Antisemitic Pamphlets Left at Homes in Parkland and Coral Springs
- Crime & Safety2022.06.27“I Fear For My Life”: Woman’s Social Media Post Leads to Attacker’s Arrest
- News2022.06.27Coral Springs Crime Update: $17K Grand Theft on University Drive