By: Chris Brunner
A man was killed after being ejected from an SUV in a single-vehicle crash on University and Loxahatchee Road in Parkland.
On Sunday at 4 p.m., Laura Haggety 46, and Kelly Rider, 35, both of Boca Raton were heading eastbound on Loxahatchee Road. Haggerty, who was driving, lost control of the vehicle near the 12200 block when the passenger side tires of her SUV drifted off the road. When she overcorrected, she caused the vehicle to veer across the roadway and collide with the guardrail on the north side of the street. The SUV then began to spin in a counterclockwise motion, before rolling over while continuing eastbound.
According to the police report, the total distance from where the truck departed the roadway to final rest was more than 500 feet.
Rider, who was not wearing a seatbelt, was ejected from the vehicle. Coral Springs Fire Rescue pronounced him dead at the scene. BSO Air Rescue transported Haggerty to Broward Health North.
Broward Sheriff’s Office traffic homicide detectives are continuing with the investigation.
- Chris has been a contributing writer at Tamarac Talk and Coral Springs Talk since high school. He is a resident of Coral Springs and is currently attending college.
- Events2019.08.20Earn Service Hours: Volunteers Needed to Help Beautify Coral Springs
- News2019.07.21U.S. Department of Commerce Awards Coral Springs $2.8 Million Grant
- Events2019.07.17Coral Springs Center for the Arts Announces 20 Amazing Shows and Concerts
- Events2019.07.16Next Stop Broadway’s Teen Theatre Project Presents ‘Chicago’