By: Chris Brunner
A man was killed after being ejected from an SUV in a single-vehicle crash on University and Loxahatchee Road in Parkland.
On Sunday at 4 p.m., Laura Haggety 46, and Kelly Rider, 35, both of Boca Raton were heading eastbound on Loxahatchee Road. Haggerty, who was driving, lost control of the vehicle near the 12200 block when the passenger side tires of her SUV drifted off the road. When she overcorrected, she caused the vehicle to veer across the roadway and collide with the guardrail on the north side of the street. The SUV then began to spin in a counterclockwise motion, before rolling over while continuing eastbound.
According to the police report, the total distance from where the truck departed the roadway to final rest was more than 500 feet.
Rider, who was not wearing a seatbelt, was ejected from the vehicle. Coral Springs Fire Rescue pronounced him dead at the scene. BSO Air Rescue transported Haggerty to Broward Health North.
Broward Sheriff’s Office traffic homicide detectives are continuing with the investigation.
- Chris has been a contributing writer at Tamarac Talk and Coral Springs Talk since high school. He is a resident of Coral Springs and is currently attending college.
- News2020.04.16Museum of Discovery and Science Now Partners with Broward County Public Schools
- Events2020.04.06Nominate a Healthcare, First Responders & Unsung Community Hero for a 2020 Hyundai Sonata Giveaway
- Events2019.09.25Grudges Settled in the Ring at Coastal Championship Wrestling in Coral Springs
- Events2019.09.23Coral Springs Police Hold Shredathon where Items will be Safely Destroyed