By: Sharon Aron Baron
A man will spend 18 months in prison after being convicted of molesting five children at Twins Gymnasium in Coral Springs.
According to WPLG, Leonardo Antonio Suarez Alvarez, 53, of Tamarac, received his sentence Thursday after pleading guilty to five counts of lewd and lascivious molestation on a victim under 12. He will be a registered sex offender and sexual predator and is expected to be deported to Ecuador once his prison sentence is complete.
We reported back on September 26, 2018, detectives from the Coral Springs Police Department, arrested Suarez Alvarez after five children gave statements that a volunteer at Twins Gymnasium touched them inappropriately.
One 10-year-old victim told police the owner of the gym, Ms. Maria, Suarez Alvarez was touching her inappropriately. Ms. Maria, who is the sister of Suarez Alvarez, said she would talk to him and tell him to stop. But he did not stop. The victim attended the gym five days a week and said Suarez Alvarez continued touching her on her chest near the cubbies/bathroom section despite her protests.
A seven-year-old victim told police that the most recent incident of molestation occurred the week prior to the start of school and all occurred both inside and outside the building.
Five victim’s statements substantiated the suspect’s mode of operation was the same with each victim: that he intentionally touched breasts, genitals, genital area or buttock or clothing covering them in a lewd or lascivious manner.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.07.21TICKET ALERT: ‘Menopause The Musical’ Heads to the Coral Springs Center For The Arts
- Events2021.07.19TICKET ALERT: Coral Springs International Dinner Dance Celebrates the USA
- Events2021.07.13Ticket Alert: The Ultimate QUEEN Celebration Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts
- Events2021.07.12Coral Springs Festival of the Arts Accepting Artist Submissions for 2022 Event