By: Sharon Aron Baron
A man will spend 18 months in prison after being convicted of molesting five children at Twins Gymnasium in Coral Springs.
According to WPLG, Leonardo Antonio Suarez Alvarez, 53, of Tamarac, received his sentence Thursday after pleading guilty to five counts of lewd and lascivious molestation on a victim under 12. He will be a registered sex offender and sexual predator and is expected to be deported to Ecuador once his prison sentence is complete.
We reported back on September 26, 2018, detectives from the Coral Springs Police Department, arrested Suarez Alvarez after five children gave statements that a volunteer at Twins Gymnasium touched them inappropriately.
One 10-year-old victim told police the owner of the gym, Ms. Maria, Suarez Alvarez was touching her inappropriately. Ms. Maria, who is the sister of Suarez Alvarez, said she would talk to him and tell him to stop. But he did not stop. The victim attended the gym five days a week and said Suarez Alvarez continued touching her on her chest near the cubbies/bathroom section despite her protests.
A seven-year-old victim told police that the most recent incident of molestation occurred the week prior to the start of school and all occurred both inside and outside the building.
Five victim’s statements substantiated the suspect’s mode of operation was the same with each victim: that he intentionally touched breasts, genitals, genital area or buttock or clothing covering them in a lewd or lascivious manner.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.05.11Next Free Food Distribution Dates In Coral Springs, Tamarac, and Pompano Beach
- News2021.05.106 Named City of Coral Springs Business Excellence Award Winners
- News2021.05.10Submit your Best Shot and Win $100 in Coral Springs Talk Cover Photo Contest
- Crime & Safety2021.05.09Coral Springs Couple Search for Good Samaritan Who Returned Wallet left on Top of Vehicle