By Sharon Aron Baron
An arrest has been made in the stabbing death of a Pompano Beach man on New Year’s Day.
On January 1, Broward Regional Communications received a call regarding a stabbing in the 2700 block of N.W. Fourth Court in Pompano Beach at 2:18 p.m.
Broward Sheriff’s Office deputies located John Moye Jr., 26, who was suffering from his injuries. Pompano Beach Fire Rescue attempted lifesaving measures and transported Moye Jr. to a hospital where he was pronounced deceased.
BSO’s homicide detectives and crime scene investigators responded to the scene and gathered evidence pointing to Phillip Stevenson, 50, of Margate as the suspect in the homicide.
BSO’s K9 and Violence Intervention Proactive Enforcement Response units arrested Stevenson where he was taken to the Broward County Main Jail and charged with first-degree murder. Stevenson is currently being held with no bond.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.01.24Rook This Way! Coral Springs Holding Open Play Chess on January 27
- News2021.01.24Sharpen Public Speaking Skills with Coral Springs Chamber’s New Toastmasters International Club
- News2021.01.23Coral Springs Crime and Arrests Through January 19
- News2021.01.23Broward County Public School Employees Receive COVID-19 Vaccines