By Sharon Aron Baron
The City of Coral Springs will highlight and recognize members of the community throughout Black History Month as a celebration of Black Americans’ achievements.
Residents are invited to nominate an individual or business who has contributed positively to Coral Springs with outstanding service and/or achievement records.
“We are committed to recognizing and honoring the growing diversity of our city’s population,” said Joy Carter, liaison to the Multi-Cultural Committee. “Programs like this one promote appreciation and respect for members of our community who are truly making a difference.”
Categories for recognition include educator, public safety personnel, artist, youth under 18 involved in community service, adult contributing to the success of youth, any Black community member, or business.
Those selected to participate will have their photo and feature story on the city’s social media platforms and website during February.
The deadline to submit a nomination is Tuesday, January 26, at 5 p.m. To learn more about the qualifications or to submit an individual, visit Coralsprings.org/bhm.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.07.30Coral Springs Center for the Arts Announces 11 Concerts, Comedy, and Shows
- Events2021.07.21TICKET ALERT: ‘Menopause The Musical’ Heads to the Coral Springs Center For The Arts
- Events2021.07.19TICKET ALERT: Coral Springs International Dinner Dance Celebrates the USA
- Events2021.07.13Ticket Alert: The Ultimate QUEEN Celebration Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts