By: Claire Cornish
His Royal Highness the Tennis Ball King of Broward is actually a 4 to 5-year-old Australian cattle dog mix with an obsession for carrying squeaky balls, Kongs and other bouncy toys around in his mouth.
After he greets you this playful young man will pick up his tennis ball and bring it over to you just in case you are ready for a game. Captain is good-natured, entertaining and fun, and he also knows some commands and walks nicely on his leash.
Captain is affectionate and will steal your heart away before you can say fetch. He is healthy and adoption ready.
Captain says to Coral Springs residents, “Would you like to play ball?” He’s at Broward County Animal Care and Adoption, 2400 SW 42nd Street, Fort Lauderdale.
Open 11-6 Tuesday to Sunday (closed Mondays).
- Claire Cornish is a freelance writer, half marathon runner, and volunteer at Broward County Animal Care & Adoption. She is the proud mom of Callie the Labrador and a proud sister of Simon the Labrador mix.
- Crime & Safety2019.11.12After Owner Tragically Abandons Him, Brewster Needs a Forever Home
- News2019.10.31Meet Rafael: This Catahoula Hound From Broward County Animal Care Needs a Forever Home
- News2019.10.21Meet Betty: This Adorable Dog is Waiting for You at Broward County Animal Care
- News2019.10.10Meet Sherman: This Playful Pup Needs a New Home