By: Sharon Aron Baron
If you want to make a racquet this summer, then join the City of Coral Springs tennis programs.
The Tennis Center offers junior and adult tennis classes for all ages are divided into two sessions: from June 10 – July 6 and July 15 – August 10.
USPTA Little Tennis classes for boys and girls ages 4 through 6 are available using the quick start format and includes shorter rackets and softer tennis balls. Beginner classes are broken down into two categories, ages 7-10 and 11-14. After that, the groups are divided by ability levels.
Adult group classes are held in the evenings, with some morning classes. Each group class is one hour per week for four weeks. The junior classes cost $48 per session and the adult fee is $56.
The Tennis Center also offers tennis camps for boys and girls ages 6-16. Camp runs weekly from June 10– August 10, half-day (9 a.m. – noon) or full-day (9 a.m. – 3 p.m.).
Full-day students have the option to swim at the Aquatics Complex during their lunch hour. Activities include instruction from USPTA certified tennis professionals, drills, games and match play. The full-day program cost is $250/first week, $230 for each additional week, or $60/daily. The half-day program fees are $140/first week, $130/additional weeks, or $30/daily.
The City of Coral Springs tennis programs includes weekly drill classes on Monday mornings and Wednesday nights for adults, as well as private lessons by appointment. For more information regarding schedules and fees, please call the Tennis Center at 954-344-1840. Located at 2575 Sportsplex Dr, Coral Springs, FL 33065.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.06.01Coral Springs Chief: Incident in Minneapolis Not Acceptable in our Department
- News2020.06.01City Cancels Annual Teen Political Forum Due to Planned Protests
- News2020.05.31100+ Restaurants Now Open In Coral Springs for Dining and Delivery
- News2020.05.30Tennis, Tattoos, and Massage Services Allowed to Reopen in Coral Springs