The Broward Sheriff’s Office missing persons detectives are helping Georgia law enforcement look for a missing woman whose vehicle was found Wednesday night in Deerfield Beach.
Ivy Dawn Merck , 24, was last seen August 23 in Kingsland, Ga. Her dark green 2008 Honda CRV was found around 10 p.m. Wednesday in the parking lot of a Marshalls store at 3850 W. Hillsboro Blvd., Deerfield Beach.
Merck is a native of Camden, GA and a University of Georgia graduate. She was listed as missing after her father, Steven Merck, told police in Athens that his daughter never arrived home last Thursday.
Merck is a vet tech at the Good Hands Vet Clinic when she had told her roommate and boss on Tuesday, Aug. 21 that she was leaving Athens to drive home to Kingsland.
On Aug. 23, the Good Hands Clinic received a text from Merck and a request for copies of her dog’s medical records from the clinic where Merck boarded the dog until Thursday, Aug. 30.
Capt. Clarence Holman, director of the ACPD criminal investigations division (Albemarle County Police Department) said Merck’s cell phone has since pinged off a tower in Boca Raton, Fl., though Camden County Sheriff’s Office detectives are still investigating the case.
Merck is 5-foot-1 and weighs 115 pounds. She has brown eyes and light brown hair. Anyone with information about Merck can report it to BSO Det. Chris Blankenship, who is working with the Kingsland ,GA.Police Department at (954) 321-4268 or anonymously report information to Crime Stoppers of Broward County at (954) 493-TIPS (9477) or online at www.browardcrimestoppers.org
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- EventsFebruary 25, 2024American Cancer Society’s Relay For Life Taking Place in Coral Springs
- EventsFebruary 22, 2024Black History Month Book Fair Celebrates African American Culture
- EventsFebruary 21, 2024Phi Xi Zeta Chapter Celebrates 16 Years in Coral Springs with Tribute to Police
- NewsFebruary 21, 2024Coral Glades Educator Named Finalist for Career and Technical Education Teacher