By Kevin Deutsch
Two men responsible for shooting a man in his face at the High Def Barbershop in Coral Springs have been charged with attempted murder, court records show.
According to the Coral Springs Police Department, Trae Butler, 18, of Lauderhill, and Richard Fowler, 20, of Plantation, were arrested following the July 13 shooting at the barbershop at 7664 Wiles Road.
During the shooting, a man who the police did not identify suffered a gunshot wound to the face. He was taken to Broward Health North by Coral Springs-Parkland Fire Rescue.
On Friday, the victim received treatment for his injuries and was reported as stable.
According to court records, Butler and Fowler have been charged with attempted murder in the first degree as well as grand theft, resisting an officer, and robbery.
Both accused shooters were held without bond at the Broward Main Jail Saturday.
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call Coral Springs Police Detective Jessica Lortie at (954) 346-1219 or to email her at Jlortie@coralsprings.gov.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- Crime & Safety2022.08.11Coral Springs Man Arrested For Trafficking Fake AmEx Cards Tells Police They’re “Memorabilia”
- Crime & Safety2022.08.09Family to Hold Fundraiser For Paralyzed First Responder From Coral Springs
- News2022.08.07Coral Springs Crime Update: Theft at Barnes & Noble and Burglary of Honda Dealership
- News2022.08.05Ex-Coral Springs Mayor Imprisoned For Child Molestation Has Died