By Bryan Boggiano
The competition is heating up in the city commission’s lone competitive race as both campaigns continue to raise funds for Seat 2.
School Board member Daniel Foganholi now has raised more money through self-loans than Commissioner Shawn Cerra, who is running for reelection to a second term.
Foganholi declared his candidacy in June during the election qualification period. He was the only non-incumbent candidate in any commission race to file qualification paperwork.
Governor Ron DeSantis appointed Foganholi to Broward County School Board Seat 5 after School Board member Rosalind Osgood’s resigned to pursue an election to the Florida State Senate.
If Foganholi gets elected to Seat 2, he would be the first Brazilian commissioner in city history.
Through the end of June, Foganholi’s campaign brought in $4,502. That amount came from two loans that Foganholi donated to his own campaign. In addition, his campaign spent $347.64, according to campaign finance reports.
His total campaign expenditures are $1,142.71.
Commissioner Cerra raised an additional $1,000 through the end of June. That includes two $500 from Greenspoon Marder and Equity Land Title. Bank of America also provided $85.42 in check printing services to Cerra’s campaign.
Since announcing his reelection, Commissioner Cerra’s campaign has brought in $3,500 in monetary contributions and spent $1,142.71. All expenditures occurred in June.
The Seat 2 election is on November 8.
Send to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- A University of Florida journalism graduate, Bryan is pursuing his masters in geosciences at Florida International University. He has a strong interest in weather, entertainment, and journalism.
- Events2022.08.09Questions About Taxes? Coral Springs Holds Annual Budget Academy on August 29
- News2022.08.08Coral Springs City Commission Honors Florida Boys State “Mayor” Victor King
- Events2022.08.05City of Coral Springs Invites Families Back to its School Bash at Florida Panthers IceDen
- News2022.08.02Coral Springs Business Plan Includes Everglades Greenway Loop, Nature Trail, Fitness Park