By: Sharon Aron Baron
After serving Coral Springs residents since 2004, Mythos Greek Taverna at The Walk will close their doors after this weekend. This unique dining experience offering Greek food, live music, and belly dancing will leave a large following of customers behind.
In January, The Walk’s property owner, Amera Corporation gave notice to owner Gil Sternbach that they would not renew his lease because they had received a lucrative offer from a national chain – giving him very little time to move out.
“It wasn’t a situation where I had any say,” said Sternbach.
Fortunately, he was able to negotiate with the landlord to allow him to stay longer so that he could look for another location.
Sternbach couldn’t discuss much more about the details.
Mythos has built up a large following over the years, attracting diners from Aventura to Wellington, Weston to Boynton Beach. Today Sternbach received a phone call from an out-of-state customer that would be in town and needed a table for 25 people Sunday evening at 7 pm.
“People frequently come from out-of-state for the unique dining experience here.”
Fortunately for Sternbach, he’s receiving calls from people with suggestions on where to bring Mythos, and he’s looking into a few of them. He requires the same basics that his location at The Walk has: a large restaurant and bar, and an outdoor seating area with plenty of room for entertainment and walking traffic.
Mythos is open for one last weekend until April 28. Sternbach asks that if you have a LocalDines certificate for Mythos, please use it by then. To stay in touch with Mythos, please check out their Facebook page.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.24Coral Springs Police Seek 2 Suspects Who Conned Victim in Lottery Scam
- News2020.09.23Video: Patient at Broward Health Coral Springs Celebrates 101st Birthday
- News2020.09.23Sawgrass Nature Center Raising Funds for Environmental Education Project for Title 1 Schools
- News2020.09.23Clear Space by Safety Disposing Hazardous Waste October 3